So I took the plunge to get the Festool Centrotec Installer kit that came out December 2013. I believe, as with other kits like it, has a limited quantity associated to it.
Just before I dished out the money to get the set, I did get some information on the kit and watched videos on the Festool youtube channel. For sure, not all people saw the need to get all the components of the set, but took a look at what I was looking at and found my value into it.
My first impressions after opening the box was the well built components, at least to my opinion and from what I’ve seem from the Festool tools, they seem to have done it to the accessories side of things.
Installer set features
Here are a few items I was on the looks for and the kit seems to fit the bill :
– Update of some drill bits. Was long over due for this one and was looking for a good kit
– New driver bits. Had a few bits to change from a cheaper kit that I owned and was a good addition.
– Hand driver. the ability to use some of the bits with the holder was a very nice to have.
- Having a dedicated Centrotec chuck for the hand driver was a nice addition compared with the picture included on the Festool Website.
- I would eventually see a Festool drill in a certain future. My current drill has some shortcoming and would eventually consider doing the plug to a Festool drill.
Investing into Centrotec makes sense, specially that the kit includes the converter for non Festool drills to still use the Centrotec bits.
Here are some pictures :