It was a pretty slow week from a shop time perspective but still had time to accomplish some work and contribute to a cause for kids illness. Some tool cabinet updates and cutting boards information on the way…
The tool cabinet has progress somewhat and represent my shop time, advancing the dovetails for the sides. Both sides are cut and trimmed, ready to be transferred to the top and bottom of the cabinet
I also cut the rabbet in the sides, according to plan. I originally did not cut them with the original build and can’t really remember why I did not cut them, but when I assembled the original carcase, I pretty much found why the rabbet exists… Solidify the carcase itself when the back is put in place. It is progressing but not as quickly as I would like. This one is purely my fault…
I made some cutting boards a little while ago and decided to do a page dedicated to these projects as I build them, how I built them and if anyone is interested in the any of them, give me a shout. Here is the link to see what I’ve done so far.
I also decided to give out some of my cutting boards to a foundation that some friends are involved in for one of there Kids which suffers from the Rett Syndrom. You can find more details here on there web site. You can also find more information on there facebook page. Search for the “Jade la Peanut” keywords and you will find some publication there.
I’ve also spent some time to get the web site/blog site more up to date from a web perspective and getting some content up and running. Got some ideas from both shop updates and projects that are coming soon. Should be a pretty busy time.